Project Manager, Electrical Construction
Corner Brook, NL
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, high volume capacity? Do you enjoy competing against time and budget constraints to complete projects? If so, take the leap and make your mark at Plan Group!
As an electrical Project Manager you will be asked to do the following:
- Establish and achieve project targets and milestones to deliver electrical projects on-time and within budget.
- Provide active promotion and leadership in Health and Safety
- Monitor and provide status updates of work in progress, forecasts, cost control and project schedule in line with Plan Group's T.I.M.E. efficiency program.
- Proactively identify and bring to management's attention potential problems and/or schedule delays.
- Follow up to ensure accurate project forecasting.
- Monitor and analyze critical path activities and advise project team accordingly.
- Review and manage short interval planning.
- Lead pre-job planning including estimate turnover, kick off meetings, subcontractor selection, material handling strategies and opportunities for risk management and improved productivity.
- Follow up with site supervision on labour/manpower progress; identify and reduce roadblocks to success.
- Manage project team to ensure requirements for document control, change order process, coordination of equipment and material deliveries, site meetings and progress documentation are adhered to.
- Identify opportunities to provide project team members with regular feedback, coaching and training.
- Build strong relationships with clients, GCs and Engineers to positively contribute to the success of the project.
- You have Electrical Engineering post-secondary education or related and a minimum of five years construction project management experience; trade experience a definite asset.
- You have experience managing electrical commercial and institutional projects.
- Knowledge of Estimating software such as Accubid Change Order, Enterprise – Enterprise Change Order Version and/or Estimating experience is considered an asset
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience utilizing scheduling software preferred (i.e. Microsoft Project and/or Primavera)
- You hold or are working towards a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent considered an asset
- Experience analyzing and understanding Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical construction drawings and experience working on commercial projects.
- Mobility across Canada is an asset
Curious to find out what's it like to work at Plan Group? Apply now.
We promise to challenge you every step of the way. Since 1955 Plan Group has left a positive mark on the projects we've worked on, and there's so much more to come. To learn more about life at Plan Group, visit our website at www.plan-group.com and follow us on LinkedIn.