Project Manager - Tenant Fit-ups & Building Improvements
Colliers Project Leaders
BE An Expert. BE Community-Minded. BE Agile. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Join our team as a Project Manager in Calgary.
At Colliers Project Leaders, we help our clients succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Weâ€™re looking for a experienced Project Manager who is looking to leverage their strong reputation in the commercial/retail sector to adance education, bring communities together, and create great spaces. Contribute to the success of leading projects such as tenant fit-ups and improvements, lobby and office renovations, community and education facilites.
Through our Get it Right Solutionâ„¢, youâ€™ll ensure we get it ready, get it built and get it performing -- so investors, owners and occupants are certain of success.
- Lead tenant fit-up/improvement projects including office renovations, retail fit-outs, and landlord common areas from concept to completion
- Deliver multiple projects in parallel with the support from team members
- Build client trust so they rely on your knowledge, skills and expertise to achieve their business goals and objectives
- General understanding of real estate brokerage and property management industries
- The ability to manage projects and stakeholders while spaces are occupied, being mindful of the impact of disruptions on tenants
- Your clients are impressed with your ability to represent their best interests regarding contractual and technical issues
- Your project teams rely on your ability to manage change, communicate and coordinate between multiple stakeholders, resolve issues, and deliver projects on time and on budget
- You have experience managing design consultants and construction teams for projects within the commercial interior office industry
- You maintain contact with existing and prospective clients and respond to business development and sales opportunities with support from the Business Development Team, Principal or Regional Vice President
- The ability to remain nimble and agile when addressing competing client and tenant demands, requirements and concerns
- A university degree or diploma in engineering, architecture, construction management or quantity surveying (or an equivalent combination of academic and practical experience
- 8 to 10 years of experience in project coordination and management for significant projects in the institutional sector
- Strong knowledge of various construction methodologies, project management models and financial management, as well as building codes, contract law and relevant legislation
- Professional industry credentials such as PMP, P.Eng., CET, Registered Architect or other similar industry recognized designation is considered a strong asset
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with a proven ability to effectively influence others and resolve client, project and technical issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel