Purchasing Manager - Sports & Entertainment
At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Aramark Canada is recruiting for a Purchasing Manager for one of our Sports & Entertainment Account.
This individual is responsible for working with the Business Performance Team within the Facilities Center of Excellence (COE), Commercial Procurement Team, various Aramark Project teams, SCM Category Managers, SCM Finance, and SCM Distribution teams. Key responsibilities include performing in-depth data analysis, spend analytics, and communicating results and recommendations to various groups and cross-functional teams across the business. Focus will be on:
- Products and Supplies Strategies
- Purchasing Standards
- Optimization of Purchasing Volume
- Setting Key Direct Expense Performance Measures
Core Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Develop and apply standardized and rigorous approach to financial analysis related to procurement such as:
- Financial modeling for bid analysis
- Cost saving methodology
- Gross / Net spend analytics
- Plan / Forecasting analysis
- Provide analytical support for sourcing activities by performing:
- Spend analysis
- Bid comparisons
- Feasibility analysis
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Process analysis
- Develop, track, and report competitive spend analysis, communicate findings to the , SCM procurement leaders, and finance leaders
- Develop and implement tools to allow rigorous cost and market analysis to be used for prospective client bids, and leveraged by SCM sourcing professionals
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Assist sourcing and operational negotiations as needed
- Develop, implement, monitor and report performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Build/establish relationships with key business, financial, and operational personnel to ensure full understanding and support for purchasing initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field is a requirement
- 4 to six years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with superior analytical ability are essential.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office; strong Access skills a must, Oracle Discoverer, and SQL knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of an ad hoc reporting system necessary.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these conditions.