The Q&FS technologist is responsible for ensuring all relevant Q&FS standards are implemented and continuously improved to assure quality and food safety at the local site, protecting the consumer and our brands.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree (preferably in life sciences, biology or bio chemistry) with 4+ years of experience in a quality and safety role within CPG (food, pharma, etc) OR college diploma with 8+ years of experience in a quality and safety role within CPG (food, pharma, etc)
- Previous factory floor experience
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office software proficiency
- Experience in food safety management using HACCP/HARPC
- Experience with SAP, Nexus, and Red Prairie
- 2 years' experience in manufacturing environment
- HACCP certification or training.
- Manage the site based internal audit program to ensure all processes and procedures are managed in accordance to corporate Quality and Food Safety Standards, Business Unit QFS directives and FDA regulations.
- Back up for PRIMP incident owner
- Facilitate the corrective and preventative action programs in compliance to MARS QMP standards.
- Food Safety Representative for site HACCP Team
- Facilitate compliance to the Business Unit microbiology testing program including site data analysis, reporting and recommendations on site improvements and or escalations for non-compliances.
- Responsible associate for the sites hold management systems (SAP/ Nexus ) ensuring requirements and procedures including product disposition and destruction are in accordance with Mars Quality and Food Safety Standards and Business Unit directives
- Lead the food safety risk assessment process for all changes such CAB, New products/pack/process and or new regulations/ standard that impacts QFS. Document all approved changes as per Business Unit requirements
- Lead root cause analysis session for product related incidents (PRIMPS) and make recommendations to correct issues.
- Participate in FMEA and other lean six sigma tools for continuous quality improvement.
- Conduct statistical analysis on consumer complain trends and recommend actions for improvements
- Provide training on relevant food safety standards to supply associates.
- Lead the consumer and customer complaints investigations process ensuring follow up in appropriate timings and recommend actions to site QFS mgr.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.