Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety
Vancouver Coastal Health
North Vancouver, BC
Job DescriptionJob Title: Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and SafetyWork Site: Lions Gate Hospital - NS
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory HolidaysReference#: 151057-skh
Come work as a Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety to join the Quality and Utilization team. Apply today to join our team!
This position requires local travel, candidates applying will need to have a valid BC driver's license and access to personal vehicle.
As a Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide specialized skills in the support of achieving Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH’s) organizational and quality improvement strategic direction.
- Provide expertise and support to clinical operations, corporate services and unit-based teams directed at improving the safety and quality of care and client experience at VCH.
- Ensure that initiatives are aligned with organizational goals, objectives and improvement priorities.
- Promote the development and enrichment of an organization-wide improvement culture, and work as part of the team to achieve outcomes, provide leadership to specific projects, support the identification of system improvement opportunities, support the development of knowledge, and the use of quality improvement methods and tools to improve work processes.
- Function at all levels of the organization, across all programs and sites, partner with point-of-care teams (physicians, nursing, and allied care) and interact with senior leadership, clinical directors, patient and resident care management and corporate and support leaders.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Science or Business Administration of related studies, with three (3) to five (5) years recent, related experience with quality improvement, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Expert knowledge and three (3) years’ experience utilizing the methodology and tools of continuous improvement to support process improvement and system redesign.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with quality improvement methodologies (Model for Improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma), techniques (measurement, learning models, change management theory, influencing techniques) and tools (e.g., process mapping, workflow diagrams, system monitoring and evaluation, PDSA cycles, data display with run and control charts).
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Utilizes independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.