Job DescriptionJob Title:
Radiological Technologist 1, General ProceduresWork Site:
Radiography, Mission Memorial Hospital - Mission, BCStatus:
As soon as possibleSalary:
$30.30 - $37.78 per hourHours:
Come work as a Medical Radiation Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Medical Radiation Technologist to join the team at Mission Memorial Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Medical Radiation Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform diagnostic radiographic/fluoroscopic and medical imaging procedures/techniques and related duties, observing safe radiation protection practices.
- Support your team by performing duties such as:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the Radiology Information System (RIS),
- preparing patients for examination,
- operating radiographic and computerized imaging equipment including processing radiographs and archiving of acquired data,
- monitoring patient during procedures,
- monitoring equipment performance,
- and maintaining cleanliness of examination rooms.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current Certification with the CAMRT.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic radiographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform radiographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.