Records and Information Management Coordinator
Interim Home Office, Alberta
Reporting to the Director, Privacy, Policy and Records Management, the Records and Information Management Coordinator is responsible for leading a comprehensive records and information management (RIM) program for Athabasca University. This person serves as the key resource to provide advice, and recommendations with respect to Athabasca University's RIM program. Other responsibilities include the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures that will employ appropriate access and control, classification, retention, disposition and preservation to all information assets required by Athabasca University. The incumbent will also observe legislative compliance, organizational values and strategic initiatives, and industry standards and best practices. This position will also provide RIM education and training to AU team members across all business areas and faculties.
As well, the Coordinator will ensure that records and information are managed in accordance with applicable policies and programs to ensure accountability, mitigation of risks to the institution, and compliance with legal obligations.
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Studies or Information Management required. Equivalencies in combined education and experience may be considered.
- Certifications such as Certified Records Manager (CRM), Certified Information Professional (CIP) Electronics Records Management (ERM) are beneficial.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of information management and related technologies experience.
- Knowledge of Alberta's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, in relation to records management principles.
- Experience in digital first or technology enabled platforms for records and information management is required.
Skill and Proficiencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of records and information management and related policies, processes, procedures, standards and legislation, including data classification systems and classification factors.
- Excellent written communication and editorial skills with the ability to translate complex information into accessible terms, engaging summaries, and captivating outcomes.
- Detail-orientated, critical-thinker with the ability to identify, address, and solve problems through collaboration and consultation.
- Demonstrated planning, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and schedules and deadlines.
- A self-starter who embraces challenges with relentless focus on successful outcomes and innovating processes for continual improvement.
- Excels in working within a distributed team environment and takes initiative to collaborate and connect in a near virtual workplace.
- Commitment to continued professional development in the areas of information and records management, including ERM and data protection.
- Must be physically able to do some heavy lifting up to 25 lbs.
The full job description can be viewed at: Records and Information Management Coordinator
For further information regarding this position, please contact Melissa Sadownik, Director, Policy, Privacy, and Records Management at
AU shapes and enables mutually supportive communities, regardless of where those communities exist. AU's Strategic Plan IMAGINE: Transforming Lives. Transforming Communities (http://imagine.athabascau.ca/) has as one of its strategic themes "Moving Beyond Place." We are embracing this theme and will be transitioning to a near-virtual work environment by December 2021. At that time this role may become permanently home-based.