Regional Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our HSE Team supports the day-to-day business needs for Canada including construction, landfill, mining, emergency response and provincial/municipal projects we are engaged in. At GHD our core values are Safety, Teamwork, Respect, and Integrity. The HSE Team’s role is essential to GHD’s business to the ensure the safety of our people, clients, and community.
GHD provides comprehensive engineering, environmental consulting, construction, and information technology solutions for our clients.
With more than 30 years of experience in providing high quality and responsive services, GHD has grown to over 200 offices, 8,500 employees in 135 countries working on projects worldwide.
GHD has an opening in our Western Canada Region with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver for a Regional Health Safety and Environment Manager (RHSEM) who has experience with Certificate of Recognition (COR) or ISO 18001/45001 and aspires to become an active employee in a vibrant, well-established company.
If you are driven, fast track your career here!
- Assist the Western Canada Business Group Leader and HSE Business Group Leader with integrating and application of GHD’s internal behaviour-based safety and health program
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of Certificate of Recognition (COR) in B.C. and Alberta
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of ISO 18001/45001 in Western Canada and support other regions when needed
- Assist in development of HSE training programs
- Coordinate and conduct employee HSE training
- Assist with managing the HSE Training Matrix for Canadian offices
- Coordinate and conduct Inspections/Audits in GHD Offices and Project Sites
- Assist in the development of HSE communications and presentations
- Coordinate and conduct HSE communication sessions
- Provide support to the PPE inspection programs in Canadian offices
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of GHD’s HSE Management System and programs in offices and project sites
- Assist with the required HSE document retention for offices and project sites
- Review and approve project health & safety plans and job safety and environmental analyses
- Provide support in incident investigations and positive indicators
- Provide support for internal and client-specific safety programs
- Provide support and guidance to field and office employees with regards to GHD’s safety programs and jurisdictional requirements
- Support offices and field teams with evolving Covid-19 protocol/support
- Degree or Diploma in Safety or related field
- Possession or currently in pursuit of CRSP designation or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of health and safety experience preferably in the environmental field, construction, hazardous remediation; and/or consulting required
- Experience as a Certificate of Recognition (COR) internal auditor in Alberta and/or BC or ISO 18001/45001
- Knowledge/experience with HSE Management Systems
- Experience in Emergency Response preferred, but not required
- Qualified to perform incident investigations using Root Cause Analysis type methods, or equivalent
- Able to travel for extended periods – 30% to 75% of the working year
- Strong organizational, time management and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and apply priority management
- Strong communication skills to interact with internal and external clients
- Ability to understand and interpret Canadian standards and regulations
- Must be able to communicate in English both orally and written (French would be an asset, not required)
- Must have current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to provide safety leadership with internal and external clients.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.