Refer A Friend (https://www.smartrecruiters.com/referrals-portal/navigation/posting/743999779573106)
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
Position title: Regional Health & Safety Specialist
Department: Loss Prevention, Corporate Security, Health & Security
Position band: Specialist (Global Grade 2)
Reports to: Health & Safety Consultant
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
Who we are:McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
The Opportunity:We currently have an opening for a Regional Health and Safety Specialist, located in our Burnaby head office. This individual will report to the National Health & Safety Consultant and will work with leaders and their teams directly to define and implement health and safety initiatives aligned with annual business plans.
This role focuses primarily on:
· Health and Safety Management Systems - CSA Z45001 - building sustainable management systems
· Development - increasing the capabilities of restaurant leaders and health and safety committees
· Compliance - supporting implementation of the Health and Safety Program for compliance, addressing orders and interacting with regulatory authorities
Who You Are:You demonstrate a practical approach and commitment to achieving excellence. You embrace ambiguity and change, and you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You stay current with the latest Health & Safety industry knowledge and trends to better inform decision-making and contribute to strategy development. You are a strong leader with the ability to effectively coach, and mentor others regarding Health & Safety. If you are passionate on driving overall business results and you have a strong Healthy & Safety background, this could be for you!
What’s in it for you?This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
· Assist with the investigation of injuries and equipment accidents to determine the root cause(s) and complete required risk assessments to prevent reoccurrence; proactively change procedures as required to reduce work related accidents.
· Oversee incident reporting, investigations and workplace injury compensation management
· Analyze trends, interpret workplace injury data and work to identify areas of unacceptable risk; develop corrective actions and actively promote health and safety; collaborate with business units to identify ways to create and/or develop sustainable safety cultures.
· Conduct internal health and safety audits and mentor restaurant leaders to develop corrective action plans to ensure that identified risks are eliminated and/or controlled.
· Accountable for conducting audit summary meetings with various levels of management within the business with focus on continuous improvement actions.
· Conduct workplace assessments, inspections and investigations (as appropriate), to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable legal requirements; influence change through comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis and proactively review and execute safety programs.
· Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Health and Safety Program.
· Ensure that Health & Safety policies, procedures, practices and processes comply with local, provincial and federal regulation.
· Coach and train restaurant leaders to identify unsafe behaviours, and to recognize, assess and control restaurant hazards.
· Coach, educate and train the Joint Health and Safety Committees, Market People Leaders and Facilities Department Leaders, as required, to follow both Company and legislated standards.
· Partner with local health and safety agencies/industry groups to develop strong relationships to stay current with emerging trends and industry knowledge in Health and Safety, with applicable Canadian related laws, rules and regulations.
· Provide advice, guidance and coaching on matters related to all areas of health and safety
· Prepare and present presentations for various committees and meetings
· Use a ”one team” mindset to collaborate and promote safety and business results with both corporate and franchise partners
· 4+ years progressive experience with demonstrated knowledge in the area of occupational health and safety management practices (i.e. post-secondary degree or field experience, or combination of both)
· Thorough understanding of Provincial, Territory, Federal Occupational Health & Safety/Workers’ Compensation Acts and Regulations and CSA Z45001/Z1000.
· Able to regularly travel with overnight stays during the work week and hold a valid driver’s license
· Able to provide 24/7 service to the business to manage critical injury situations and/or managing regulatory stop work situations that result in an operational disruption to the business
· Bilingual - French and English (verbal & written skillset) is an asset
· Highly effective and persuasive personality, and leader and an excellent facilitator.
· A strong leader with the ability to effectively coach, and mentor others regarding Health & Safety
· A strong team player with the ability to work with diverse employees and business leaders at multiple levels in the organization and have the willingness rise to the opportunity to help others.
· Able to handle sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism
· Organized with a demonstrated ability to manage your time, prioritize tasks effectively and solve problems independently
· Proficient with MS Office applications
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Requsition ID: REF2257L
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, including any corporate-owned restaurant, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company or at a McDonald’s corporate-owned restaurant to which you are applying.
McDonald's and its franchisees are taking proactive steps in response to the COVID-19 outbreak to ensure the safety in our restaurants across all communities. Our values of quality, service, and cleanliness continue to guide us. We're following direction from the CDC, state, and local governments and adhering to our deep cleaning procedures in every restaurant, every day. We also fully support employees who stay home from work if they are feeling sick. Read more about the ways we are prioritizing health at https://news.mcdonalds.com/news-releases/news-release-details/prioritizing-health-safety-and-community-mcdonalds-shares.
McDonald's and its franchisees are always looking for top candidates and encourage you to apply online. If you have any questions, please first call the restaurant as this will help the restaurant comply with any social distancing guidelines or other compliance obligations. For corporate roles, please proceed to the online application, or if you already applied, contact email@example.com