REGISTERED NURSE (DAY/NIGHT/PT/FT) – Extendicare Haliburton
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centers as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for Full-time RN opportunities for various shifts, to work at our Extendicare Haliburton facility, a 60-bed long-term care home, located in Haliburton, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Registered Nurse is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
****Relocation costs available
- Implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates
- Completes analysis, creates, and presents detailed reports on all quality indicators using PCC, Analytics and other software as required
- Contributes actively to the home’s Quality Committee
- Ensures the delivery of pleasurable, safe, and organized meal services and nourishments for all residents
- Coordination and implementation of best practice, continuous quality improvement program and risk management initiatives related to resident care
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level that maximizes staff resources and contributes to Haliburton’s interdisciplinary team approach to resident care
- Maintains an active presence in the Resident Home Areas mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Ability to take the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care which includes the falls program, skin and wound care, hydration, continence care, restraints and PASD’s, restorative care, medication management, palliative and end of life care, pain management program, responsive behaviours, prevention of abuse and neglect
- Supports all aspects of the infection prevention and control program
- Completes special projects, audits, reviews, and other duties as assigned
- Adheres to established policies and procedures and all legislative requirements
- Able to adapt to all shifts and support staffing shortages (Days/Evenings/Nights) as needed
- Registered Nurse: BScN preferred
- Registration in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in long term care; previous management experience an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Current knowledge of clinical issues and best practices for residents in long term care, infection prevention and control, principles of adult education and quality improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated superior leadership and organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, online education software, Outlook, computerized resident care software, RAI-MDS and assessment programs
- Excellent knowledge of the LTCHA 2007 and Reg 79/10, OHSA, public policy, accreditation standards and all other applicable legislation
CLOSING DATE: November 1, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Please note we thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada and we are committed to delivering care to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our 22,000 team members are dedicated to helping people live better through a commitment to quality service and a passion for what we do.