Registered Nurse, Huron Hospice, Casual
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
Registered Nurse - Casual
Huron Hospice is located on a tranquil rural estate just west of Clinton, Ontario. The four-bed residence is staffed around the clock by an RN and RPN with further support provided twelve hours daily to residents and their families by welcoming volunteers. Huron Hospice also provides supports to residents in the community of Huron County through hospice home visits and grief recovery groups.
Huron Hospice is looking for a positive, energetic and compassionate Registered Nurse to join our team in a casual capacity. The shifts consist of 12 hour day, night and weekend shifts.
POSTED: October 13, 2021
CLOSING: December 31, 2021
DATE REQUIRED: Immediate
You will be responsible and accountable to provide wholistic, resident and family focussed hospice palliative care services that are tailored to meet the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of those in your care.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates must possess a current certification of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current BCLS certification
• Minimum 1 year prior experience in Palliative Care nursing is essential.
• Fundamentals of Palliative Care “Core” and “Advanced” is essential
• CAPCE preferred or willing to obtain in 12 months
• LEAP preferred or willing to obtain in 12 months
• Experience in Geriatric Nursing preferred
• Must demonstrate good communication skills, both written and oral
• Have the ability to decipher facility policies and procedures, Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and MOHLTC standards
• Have the ability to document nursing and resident information according to the CNOs standards of practice and facility policy
• Must demonstrate an interest in active education
• Must be a team player
• Ability to use diagnostic equipment, mechanical lifts, and transfer devices in accordance to established policy
• Computer literacy in Microsoft applications
• Awareness of current trends and best practices in Hospice Palliative Care
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
• Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to support and project values compatible with the organizations mission, vision and value statement
KEY RELATIONSHIPS AND INTERACTIONS
• Internal: Clients, Families, Executive Director, Resident Care Coordinator Management Team, Physicians and Colleagues
• External: Community partners, community group participants
REPORTS TO Resident Care Coordinator
PAY Registered Nurse – As per 2021 Pay Grid (available on request)
INTERVIEWS We thank all applicants in advance, however only with those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO APPLY Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org