Registered Nurse (RN) -SPECIALIZED HAEMODIALYSIS UNIT NURSE
Shepherd Village Inc.
As a Specialized Haemodialysis Unit Nurse, you will be working with a team of regulated health professionals and P.S.W.s, you will oversee initial and post hemodialysis treatment for ambulatory and wheelchair bound residents with chronic renal failure in accordance with all Shepherd Village policies and procedures, current approved standards of care and the Standards of Nursing Practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & DUTIES
- Current R.N. registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Life Support Certificate.
- Completion of Nephrology 1 and 2 courses from a recognized nephrology nursing certificate program or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of one year of acute nursing experience or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Resident Assessment and Health Promotion/Teaching skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and Gentle persuasive approaches is an asset.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package, opportunities for training and development, as well as an engaging and family-oriented work culture.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are committed to accessibility in the candidate application and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements of the vacant position. Applicants are asked to please make their accommodation requirements known when contacted.
Successful candidates must provide a complete and current (i.e. within six months prior to hire date) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.