Cedar Heights Residential Living is looking for caring, enthusiastic, energetic and professional individuals to work with children and adolescents within our Tottenham residence. Cedar Heights specializes in working with those diagnosed with ASD, FASD & Dual-Diagnosis. Residential Support Workers provide individuals with high levels of support and supervision in all areas of daily living including; education, behaviour management, community involvement and recreation.
The position requires that the candidate be available to work various shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends. Cedar Heights Residential Living offers a dynamic workplace in a rapidly growing organization.
On-site/Off-site training is provided. Also made available to all employees are opportunities to participate in various workshops to further develop skills and knowledge on how to better support our clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Child and Youth Worker or other related fields.
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- $1,000,000 Liability Automobile Insurance.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience is encouraged but not required.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field (completed or in progress)
We’re currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Part-Time day, evening and weekend staff
- Part-Time (Awake) overnight position. Hours/days may be flexible depending on availability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daytime staff - Creating and implementing therapeutic programming with an emphasis on life skills and personal development; Client Advocacy within and outside the agency; Familiarity and adherence to the organization's core values and mission statement; Participation in Training and Workshops
- The Overnight Residential Support Worker provides hygiene and daily living support for all residents. The position entails cleaning, food preparation, room safety checks, and some clerical duties (ie; filing).