Road Construction Workers
Lafarge Canada Inc
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, weâ€™re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
Lafarge Canada Inc (Construction) is looking for skilled Road Construction Workers to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Scope of work will be in our concrete, base, and asphalt road construction divisions. Experience will be considered an asset. Successful candidates should be hard working, adaptable, and enthusiastic team players, willing and ready to learn and work in all conditions.Responsibilities:
We are currently hiring the following positions for our Road Construction division:
- Skid Steer Operator
- Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Concrete Workers
- Curb and Gutter
- Equipment Operators
- Experience as a Skid Steer Operator or as a Heavy Duty Mechanic will be considered an asset. If you have experience with paving, milling, grading, curb and gutter, that is great as well.
- Successful candidates should be hard working, adaptable, and enthusiastic team players, willing and ready to learn and work in all conditions
- Ideal candidates have a minimum of 3 years' knowledge of paving in highway, commercial, municipal or residential work
- Class 5 license and own means of transportation is required as not all sites will have public transit access
- Mandatory drug and alcohol pre screening is needed before starting work
- Must be able to follow company safety policy
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
Lafarge Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, customers, contractors and vendors. As such, in keeping with the requirements of our industry associations, partners, and clients across Canada, Lafarge Canada has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. As of October 1st, 2021, all new employees joining Lafarge Canada, subject to any requirement to accommodate pursuant to applicable human rights legislation, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.LafargeHolcim:
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
See more opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.