Fort McMurray, AB
OCL Group Inc. (OCL), is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee-owned fully integrated general contractor with design-build solutions across Western Canada, with the experience you can trust and the quality you can depend on, serving the energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009.
We are currently recruiting for a Safety Advisor for a pipeline project located approximately 45 minutes south of Fort McMurray, AB. The project schedule is 6/1 with camp accommodations provided.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Performing a general site hazard assessment and developing a mitigation plan to control the known hazards associated with scope of work that is being conducted.
- Updating the general site hazard assessment as new hazards are recognized.
- The review of field level hazard assessments (FLHA), to ensure proper completion and involvement with all personnel associated with the scope of work that the FLHA is being completed for.
- Leading the development of job safety analysis’s (JSA’s) with supervision, employees and subcontractors involved in the scope of work that the JSA is being developed for.
- The review or distribution for review of known Job procedures and/or safe work practices that apply to the scope of work being conducted. This may include JSA’s or FLHA Cards.
- Conducting Safety Meetings at intervals identified in the safety management plan (SMP).
- The communication of the SMP to employees, subcontractors, client representatives and visitors.
- Updating of the SMP as required and re-communicating and re-distributing it to all site personnel. Forwarding the revised copy to the area safety manager is also required.
- Tracking and reporting of site safety statistics at set intervals on documentation provided by the Area safety manager.
- Completing incident investigations including the documenting of incidents, witness statements, root cause analysis on the documentation provided by OCL.
- Assisting supervision or administering post incident and/or reasonable suspicion drug testing.
- Ensuring that work on site is conducted in accordance with safe work permit that is in place, OCL policies and procedures, Client requirements and insuring that the OH&S (act, regulation and code) are adhered to.
- Completing scheduled safety inspections that are documented on OCL’s general site inspection form.
- Communicating the learning’s from Near Misses, Hazard ID’s, Job Observations and Inspections to all site personnel on a daily basis.
- 5 + years field safety experience
- Certified National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO)
- Previous pipeline installation project experience
- Additional certifications or post secondary education an asset
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
OCL offers competitive wages and benefit eligibility after 3 months. If you are looking to join a dynamic team, this may be the opportunity for you!
OCL is an equal opportunity employer.