Safety Advisor - Future Opportunity
Field Safety Advisor - Hamilton
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a team of friendly, focused construction professionals, we want to hear from you!
We are continually winning new business and as a result, we are adding to our safety team.
The Field Safety Coordinator will be a key resource in ensuring that Maple Reinders construction projects continue to be safe and healthy work environment for our employees, contractors and clients. Working as part of Mapleâ€™s Health and Safety Team, the Field Safety Coordinator will provide key safety support to construction projects while working closely with our Project Management team to ensure Health and Safety compliance with Maple Reinders, our Clients and Regulatory requirements.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Using your knowledge of Maple Reinders Health and Safety program, to advise, mentor and assist the Project Management team with the implementation of programs to satisfy Maple safety standards.
- Assist with the development of construction safety plans; participate in kickoff and progress meetings and participate in hazard identification,
- Conduct regular site inspections,
- Participate in the development and implementation of new programs or systems to further the health and safety objectives of the organization,
- Provide support for incident investigations, including identifying investigation requirements and leading of high-risk investigations,
- Provide monitoring, auditing and support to ensure compliance with Project Safety Plans and to identify opportunities for improvement of safety performance.
- Actively participate in screening and selection of construction contractors,
- Supporting emergency response activities for projects,
- Organize and provide safety training to employees.
- Formal Education in Occupational Health and Safety and/or Risk Management
- 3-5 yearsâ€™ experience with construction/project safety experience
- Strong organizational, coaching, communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated desire for personal growth
- Self-motivated team player with a strong commitment to improving health and safety performance
- Ability to travel and visit project sites depending on location
- Valid driverâ€™s license
- Formal Safety Designation. Minimum of NCSO designation (CRSP preferred)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Maple Reinders. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Reinders is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Maple Reinders accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
No agency calls please.
People, Passion, Performance