Coordinator, Safety - (Redwater, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the worldâ€™s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Safety, the Coordinator, Safety is accountable for supporting and mentoring the site employees in identifying and implementing appropriate procedures and practices required to protect the safety of plant workers, and for the field level administration of the health and safety management practices and programs at Nutrien, Redwater Fertilizer Operations (RFO).
This position is located in Redwater, Alberta, Canada and is not available for remote work.
What you will do:
- Work with Site departments, employees and contractors to identify safety risks and concerns in a proactive, positive work environment which allows all parties to progress in a meaningful way while ensuring health and safety requirements are maintained. Implement appropriate mitigating actions when necessary
- Be the owner and subject matter expert of health and safety programs on site, including LCPSs, base legislation requirements and site level programs/ policies/procedures as well as industry best practices which may not be documented in Nutrien documentation
- Support the development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of health and safety policies, practices and procedures to meet site needs and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that FNO meets and exceeds targeted safety performance
- Ensure incidents and near miss incidents are reported and findings and recommendations are implemented in the field
- Perform as a management representative and instructor of the Health and Safety Committee and support the development of the employee committee members and the completion of their activities
- Perform H&S testing, training and monitoring for all employees as required
- Care for the inspection/upkeep of all safety equipment onsite. In some cases, worker must be trained/qualified in the inspection/recertification of equipment
- Be familiar with site Emergency Response plans, capability and processes, and be able to provide guidance/recommendations. Participate in site EOC or ER structure as required
- Be familiar with site Security protocols and procedures and have the capability to support some security activities as appropriate and as needed
- Be subject matter experienced professional and use applications of ISNET requirements in regard to contractor pre-qualifications and site access
What you will bring:
- OHS Certificate or equivalent degree from a recognized institution
- A CRSP designation is required; other designations may also be given consideration
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing setting in a role directly involved in day-to-day administration of Health and Safety
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent relationship and team building skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and that proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran