Scrum Master / Business Analyst
Posting Date: Sep 2, 2021
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Job: Business Analysis
• To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
• State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
• An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Legal Compliance & Corporate Governance (LCG) Technology provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firm’s resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior. Our support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
This role is part of the Financial Advisor Monitoring and Registration Department, within LCG. This team supports the Risk and Compliance divisions with tools and applications to assist them with their task of monitoring Financial Advisor’s compliance with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
As a Business Analyst/Scrum Master, you will be responsible for providing business analysis support for tool enhancements, including all facets of business analysis: eliciting and documenting business requirements, user acceptance testing, data analysis, and product support. The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skills and expertise of those around them.
• Assist Product Owner in all facets of Agile build of technology solutions and enhancements
• Elicit, analyze, write/create Business requirements documents (including Agile stories, screen mock-ups supporting documentation)
• Conduct data analysis to determine data gaps and work with cross functional teams to bridge the gap
• Conduct Behavior- Driven Development (BDD), write and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test plan
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education
• Minimum 5 years of experience in global organizations as a Technical Business Analyst
• Solid understanding of relational databases (DB2) is required
• Strong experience with SQL database
• Established technical knowledge in software development life cycle and agile methodologies
• Strong communication skills both verbal, written and should be able to work within an international team setting
• Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions and different roles
• Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks assigned
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-orientated environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations/individuals gracefully
• Data Analysis experience; Data analytical skills
• IT Project Management and SDLC knowledge/experience (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum) and experience using BDD
• Experience working in medium to large-scale development projects
• Knowledge of trades data, positions data, reference data
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.