Senior Environmental Assessment Technician
DST Consulting Engineers
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, the possibility of time banking).
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs.
- Skills development opportunities.
- Flextime and the possibility of a compressed schedule.
- Policy to encourage telework.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Perform hazardous materials surveys (asbestos, mold, lead, etc.), abatement monitoring, review of asbestos mgmt. plans, and remediation inspections, and air sampling following the NIOSH 7400 method;
- Record field data and prepare reports based on established templates;
- Coordinate and maintain field equipment maintenance, charging, and repairs;
- Work will fluctuate and will require working regular business hours but may involve, evenings/nights and weekends, sometimes on an emergency, immediate response basis. Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes and occasional overtime is required;
- Travel between worksites will be required locally, with the occasional need to travel provincially or nationally to urban and remote areas;
- Perform other field and office responsibilities, as required to support DST’s multi-disciplinary projects; and
- Conduct project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing.
- Post-secondary education in environmental sciences and/or engineering technology or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of related work experience is required;
- Possession of valid driver’s license required; and
- Eligibility to obtain a federal security clearance required. Federal security clearance already obtained (Reliability or Secret) is considered a significant asset.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure; and
- Ownership of a personal vehicle considered an asset.
How to apply:
About DST Consulting Engineers:
Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc. does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada. DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.