Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Consultant
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder in Canada has an immediate opening for a Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist. The ideal candidate will be based in and will work from one of the following cities: Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Sudbury, Saskatoon, Calgary or Vancouver. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, most Golder staff are currently working from home offices and we expect, as a natural evolution of our business, that working from home offices will become a common and accepted practice.
The primary role of the Senior EHS Specialist will be to help develop our National Mine Safety and Industrial Hygiene Consulting Practice. The successful candidate will work with existing leaders within our Mining Division in the development and execution of the business plan to grow Golder's consulting services in occupational health and safety to our mining clients. The successful candidate will also be expected to work closely with other leaders in our environmental, and health & safety focused business units to identify, develop and execute consulting opportunities. These other groups are comprised of auditors and management systems specialists, industrial hygienists, and other environmental and safety professionals.
The successful candidate will assist in building a team of professionals that will service Golder's mining clients with their occupational hygiene, integrated management systems and/or environmental health & safety needs. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, developing, evaluating and implementing EHS programs, building client relationships, and managing EHS projects. Moreover, the ideal candidate will work to mentor more junior staff as they develop their tactical and technical consulting skills.
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing technical leadership in management of local, regional, and potentially global EHS programs, including client & project management and contributing to strategic planning
- Leading local Industrial Hygiene (IH) programs support to clients (such as mining) with a primary focus on comprehensive IH services, including field investigations.
- Leading performance and assurance support to clients including integrated management system development.
- Preparing or reviewing technical proposals (including scope, schedule, and budget) in response to client needs.
- Managing tasks and projects according to client-approved scopes of work and delivering high quality reports on time and within budget. This includes coordinating work with clients, subcontractors and Golder field personnel, managing and interpreting data, preparing or reviewing reports, and presenting results to clients
- Developing business with new and existing clients in the service area of EHS while collaborating with other Golder consultants to expand work to these clients into service areas beyond EHS
- Actively mentoring staff across the organization to develop their EHS expertise
- Introducing junior staff to existing clients, and helping them learn to pursue new business, seek opportunities through regular client contact, and otherwise build an external network
- Providing input into business planning, meeting with existing and new Golder clients, develop opportunities and build business for Golder, providing tactical thought leadership for planning, design, and development of EHS services
- Participating with other Golder staff, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in the development and review of the EHS business in Golder
You will have a background in:
- Master's degree in Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering, or similar discipline preferred; a Bachelor's degree will be considered with appropriate experience
- Minimum 15 years EHS experience with a working knowledge of federal, provincial, and local EHS regulations, including those related to occupational health & safety assessments and programs; experience with environmental permitting and reporting is beneficial
- Experience with compliance audits and EHS management systems (e.g., ISO 14001, ISO 45001) with a focus on mining and manufacturing clients
- Experience with conducting field work in various EHS practice areas including IH
- Professional certification or license (CRSP, CIH, EP, or equivalent) is desirable.
- Business development and client service management skills with a proven track record of developing project opportunities and maintaining successful client relationships; strong existing client relationships and professional contacts are highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Able to travel and work extended hours as required for project needs and business development purposes
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.