The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our growing team thriving in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours,company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more!
Position: Senior Mold Designer
Reports to: Engineering Leader / Engineering Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the assigned Design Group Leader and Surface Modeler using NX11 software to develop 3D solid model tool designs to manufacture plastic injection molds
- For complex projects, designs the cooling, ejection, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- For smaller projects, completes the surface modeling also
- Assists in leading the Mold Flow Analysis stage
- Coordinates the Hot Runner Design procurement & approval
- Publishes the BOM to the ERP for purchasing of job materials
- Issues files to the manufacturing group
- Designs to internal best practice standards for "Design for Manufacturability" and contributes towards development of new "Lean Manufacturing" methods
- Coordinates with the design team to complete the design within the job's milestones and within budget.
- Mentors junior staff
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Above average technical aptitude and knowledge of mold design
- High standard of professionalism and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for one's work
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and reliability
- Demonstrated results-driven detail oriented approach
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and teamwork
Education & Experience:
- Senior: 10 years' experience required
- Education in Mechanical Engineering (Diploma or Degree) considered an asset
- Preferred experience in plastics or injection mold industry with 2 shot rotary mold exposure.
- NX experience considered an asset
For more information:
Our corporate culture is centered on teamwork and our employees are our greatest asset. If you are excited to find out more about what Windsor Mold Group can offer we urge you to apply! Visit our website at www.windsormoldgroup.com for more information.
Windsor Mold is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs. Please review our accessibility policies on our website at www.windsormoldgroup.com.