Senior Process Engineer
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
BBA is seeking an experienced and innovative chemical engineer who wants to be part of the solution for our clients in the Oil, Gas and Biofuels sector, developing leading-edge projects in the wood and biomass industry. Become part of a People-First organization that is made up of multi-disciplinary, industry-leading experts focused on rigor, ingenuity, and eco-mindfulness.
This position is a perfect fit for a P.Eng. who is has demonstrated success building a client base and business line through the solid execution of creative ideas and delivery of practical solutions. The successful candidate will be an accomplished project manager who strives for quality and delivery.
This candidate will work closely with the project team and other disciplines to:
- Prepare process basis and criteria of design
- Apply established design and calculation methods towards new technical areas
- Develop mass and energy balances using simulation software
- Design and determine process equipment specifications
- Supervise the project team to meet deliverables and exceed technical expectations
- Support project cost estimates
- Carry out commissioning and equipment performance testing
- Perform inspections or technical surveys
- Prepare process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Prepare technical reports and project documentation
- Participate in risk analyses (HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, What-if)
- Participate in technical and economic feasibility studies
- Prepare proposals and presentations to clients
- Participate in the development and growth of this business line in the Vancouver office
- Business acumen that informs the approach towards developing new opportunities for BBA on a regional and national level
- Dynamic leadership of project teams, client relationship and self development
- Life-long learner who stays on top of the change and developments in the field
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Adaptable to change, challenge and the road less travelled
- Proactive communicator who seeks clarity and engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering10 to 15 years of relevant experience in the oil, gas and biofuels industry with a preference for experience in consulting
- Registered member of EGBC
- Sound knowledge of and effective use of statistics
- Excellent knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Driven to make a positive impact on the environment through innovative engineering solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with process simulation software Aspen Plus and Aspen Hysys
- Proficient with hydraulic software Fathom and Pipe-Flo