Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
The Proposal Specialist reports to the Director Proposal Development. Responsible for supporting the PDC Division to ensure the provision of the highest quality corporate proposals and to meet the goals and objectives as directed by the Executive/SMC.
Responsible for executing the processes and procedures of the Division, and supporting the mission, the vision and the strategy of the Corporation as approved by the CEO.
Ensure that work is in accordance with the values of the Corporation: integrity, commitment, loyalty, confidentiality, working in an ethical and professional manner, building knowledge and acting in a responsible and equitable manner at all times.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing guidance and support to the Proposal Development Centre team (PDC)
- Responsible for the development/review/edit and submission of corporate proposal documents, ensuring compliance and quality.
- Write fully compliant qualifying documentation for proposed candidates/ resource matrices and resumes for qualification demonstration for use in ADGA proposals and for internal contract staffing requirements.
- Perform quality review on previously written resource qualifying documents.
- Coordinating all aspects of the proposal preparation process with the PDC Bid Coordinator and other members of the bid team, as required.
- With the Bid Coordinator, responsible for tracking review of matrices and technical proposals, updating templates with amendments, distributing the proposal and all relevant documents for Red Team review; maintaining version control over documents; and ensuring the delivery of the final product to the proper authority.
- Providing general assistance and guidance to other members of the team with respect to proposal development, preparation, formatting and scheduling, as required.
- Taking a leading role in the development team (including Sales and Directors in the key aspects of the bid preparation activities.
- Identifying and addressing any areas of concern, or incompleteness.
- Reviewing all documents for completeness, accuracy and presentation of material.
- 7 years experience in a proposal writing environment
- Experience working with Federal Government RFPs, RFIs etc.
- This position requires an organized individual with an excellent understanding of administrative procedures normally acquired through formal education in business administration, and proven work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to details, technical proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a requirement for this position.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities for senior managers and multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Critical thinking and proactive approach is required in order to respond to tight but fluid deadlines.
- Multiple proposals may be worked upon at anyone time, excellent organizational qualities and the ability to work under pressure without compromising quality is essential
- Minimum of a College Diploma in technical writing or business administration or a related subject
- Ability to maintain a Secret level clearance