Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager and Business Developer
Intertek Scientific and Regulatory Consultancy Group is looking for a motivated and client focused senior regulatory affairs professional who is seeking an opportunity to be both a Program Manager and contribute to our business development efforts to promote our food, nutrition and regulatory consulting services. The Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager will lead and guide our clients on matters related to food ingredient compliance, regulations, guidance, and applicable statutes related to food ingredient approvals on a global basis, with emphasis on the North American marketplace. This role necessarily combines knowledge of global regulatory affairs with a deep understanding of toxicology and general risk assessment practices for food ingredients/additives. The Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager will directly engage with and support Intertek's clients serving as a representative of Intertek and a subject matter expert for the company primarily related to matters that are the subject of FDA oversight; however, general or extensive knowledge of European Union, Canadian, Australia/New Zealand and other global regulatory jurisdictions are an asset. In this exciting role, the candidate will use their project and submission management experience; work with a team of experienced regulatory affairs/submission subject matter experts; and use their industry contacts to grow our consulting services.
- Drive sales growth of our service portfolio.
- Identify new target customers and new opportunities within existing customer base.
- Deliver presentations, lead discussions and manage follow up.
- Establish and maintain regulatory relationships with key clients as well as internal and government stakeholders, to promote Intertek's mission and values of total quality assurance and scientific excellence.
- Generate new leads by attending conferences, targeting key customers and expanding contact base within accounts.
- Effectively utilize established network of contacts within the industry, including trade associations, consultants and regulatory agency contacts, to identify and resolve regulatory issues and increase visibility to our expertise and services
- Act as key account contact, project manager, and author/reviewer of submission documents, utilizing strong track record of regulatory success bringing GRAS/novel food ingredients to the market on time and on budget.
- Lead successful project teams, applying effective organizational and planning skills required in a multidisciplinary and matrixed environment.
- Strong networking skills.
- .S., M.S., Ph.D., or JD in regulatory science, regulatory law or risk assessment, toxicology, cellular or molecular biology, fermentation science, or combination thereof.
- 7-10 years of experience working in the regulatory sciences within the food manufacturing industry. Strong knowledge of the U.S. regulatory system required and general understanding of EU and Canadian regulatory systems desirable.
- Subject matter expertise in FDA food safety frameworks.
- Demonstrable success in designing and implementing evidence-based risk assessment frameworks for food ingredient safety evaluation.
- Extensive experience in sourcing and applying legal, regulatory, and policy precedents to novel food products.
- Demonstrable success in assembling GRAS dossiers, EU/Canada novel food applications, food additive petitions, and dietary supplement ingredient notifications.
- Demonstrable evidence of competency in coordinating and convening GRAS panels on an independent basis with limited oversight.
- Previous years in a Business Development position selling into Food & Nutrition.
- Ability to effectively communicate & sell to clients of all levels, from bench scientist to Vice President.
- Willing and able to present to large groups of people or deliver seminars to clients and/or partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and structured (attention to detail).
- Able to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to deliver financial objectives.
- Motivated to meet submission timelines.
- Enjoys selling and is comfortable using negotiation skills.
- Ability to work remotely (home based) or in an office in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Estimated 10% travel required (post-Covid 19)
Intertek Canada offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed with the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance plans; RRSP plan with company match; paid time off (vacation; sick holiday); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Please contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.