Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Software Quality Assurance Analyst to grow our Product Engineering QA Team in Waterloo.
The QA Analyst is responsible for the test planning, design and execution for Trustwave’s SIEM and other cybersecurity related products.
- Responsible for test execution of new releases and patches
- Develop, maintain and execute comprehensive Test Plans
- Utilize defect tracking system to ensure completeness and quality
- Documents test results
- Work with technical and business resources to understand requirements
- Analyze test results to determine if requirements have been met
- Assist with project planning
- Conduct peer reviews of test plans and test cases
- Promote testing process, procedures and methodologies
- Implement automation of test cases
Education and Experience:
- Extensive quality assurance and troubleshooting experience in a test environment with a demonstrated understanding of product delivery life cycles
- Test automation experience (automated test framework development and test case creation/maintenance)
- Experience testing with containers and related technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Project Management skills
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance
- Familiarity with JIRA, Jenkins
- An understanding of network security technologies and products/devices (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc)
- Strong experience with Linux and testing backend systems
- Familiarity with various platforms and technologies (Python, MySQL, Java applications, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Kafka, etc)
- Cloud-based testing experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- CISSP, CSSLP, CISA or related certification would be an asset
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize many projects and problems independently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices, domestic and international, may be required
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.