Senior Team Lead, Hygiene Health & Safety
Thunder Bay, ON
Dare to join Englobe
Englobe, and itâ€™s more than 2,600 people, concerned about the environment daily, engaged in sustainable engineering, process soils and biomass, and manage the quality and integrity of assets.
At Englobe, we adopt innovative, human-centred management. We welcome new ideas and are open to discussion. We are determined to succeed in partnership with our teams.
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP)
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses
- Opportunities for skills development
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking
Dare to join Englobe and lead a career marked by growth and accomplishments.Your Contribution:
As a Senior Team Lead, Industrial Hygiene, you will work in collaboration with the Hygiene Health & Safety team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Apply and promote Englobeâ€™s health and safety rules.
- Enhance, develop, and mobilize the team of professionals and technicians.
- Plan, assign, coordinator, and supervise work, projects and activities performed by the team.
- Chair periodic communication and meetings for the team.
- Help manage the training plans and career development of employees.
- Provide effective leadership, direction, and support for members of the team.
- Manage team resources, including scheduling, approving time-sheets and time off.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of your team members.
- Identify individual and team goals and evaluate team progress.
- Contribute to the growth of the company through successful team performance.
- Hazardous Materials Surveys and Abatement Programs.
- Asbestos Management Plans.
- Emergency Response.
- Indoor Air Quality Assessment.
- Noise Monitoring.
- Occupational and Industrial Hygiene Assessment and Compliance Monitoring.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness Training.
- A College Diploma or University degree in Engineering or related science.
- 8-10 years management experience within the consulting engineering environment.
- Possession of a professional designation in good standing is an asset.
- Possesses business development capability, strong client relationship development skills, a passion for business networking
- Experience planning a project budget and managing team assignments.
- Creates a mutually respectful, positive and high-performing work environment. Ability to build strong team commitment and foster collaboration.
- Ability to attract, hire, develop, coach and retain highly qualified staff.
- Able to travel between work-sites locally, provincially and nationally to urban and remote areas for variable periods of time as required.
- Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a â€œSecret Level IIâ€ security clearance.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and consideration for occupational health and safety.