Silicon Alliances Business Development Lead
Canonical - Jobs
Canonical is the company behind the popular Ubuntu operating system with a view to being the best open-source company in the world. Our mission is to accelerate innovation by making free and open-source tools accessible to developers and enterprises from the cloud to IoT, from Silicon Valley to the farthest corner of the world.
Canonical is committed to hiring and growing careers of promising, passionate individuals across the globe.
The Silicon Alliances Team works with the leading semiconductor companies to combine open source adoption with innovative customizations to get the most from each new chip. With our semiconductor partners, we develop joint product roadmaps, drive delivery, formulate go-to-market plans and conceptualize new business models, enabling differentiated hardware and robust product life-cycle support while still anchored on best-in-class Ubuntu. The end goal is a frictionless experience to deploy, maintain, and develop on any hardware from cloud to edge.
The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about both technology and business development with a unique blend of wide ranging skills. If you are someone who can effortlessly switch your analytical and strategic thinking hats, to find creative solutions and can be comfortable doing technical deep dives with engineering, this challenging role is for you.
Reporting to the VP of Silicon Alliances, the role has high executive visibility both inside and outside the company. You will manage and grow our relationships with one or more silicon partners and be the primary contact for all stakeholders on both sides. As part of this role, you will be called upon to drive top initiatives spanning company boundaries. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing and sales teams to facilitate new business, leading definition of joint products, solutions and complex programs relying heavily on your communicating and influencing skills. You will ensure that robust project plans are created, tracked, and executed. You will develop a deep understanding of partner strategies, technologies and roadmaps and identify overlap with Canonical's current and future products.
- Develop understanding of Canonical product portfolio.
- Establish, maintain and grow technical and executive relationships at partner companies.
- Champion Canonical products at the partner and vice-versa.
- Work with other stakeholders to increase awareness of Canonical's portfolio in the ecosystem.
- Develop account plans with a view to increase Canonical's direct and indirect business.
- Ensure mid to long-term strategic alignment with one or more silicon partners.
- Engage and influence Canonical product and engineering to refine plans and ensure delivery.
- Manage market messaging, collateral and launch plans across products.
- Negotiate successful contracts.
- B.A / B.S / B.E degree in science, technology and/or engineering.
- Fundamental understanding of semiconductor industry and ecosystem
- Experience in engineering management, business development, technology strategy or similar functions.
- Program management experience
- Ability to grasp complex material and synthesize key points
- Disciplined and self motivated for a remote-first workplace environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer facing experience
- MBA or graduate degree in science, technology and/or engineering.
- Experience in consulting, account management, customer facing roles or similar functions
- Proven consultative selling ability
- Expert negotiator with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to think and work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Understanding of cloud, datacenter, IoT/edge and PC technologies
- Understanding Canonical's strategy and competitive position
- Open source / Linux experience is a nice to have
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Track record of organizational leadership
Equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world's computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.