Site Sanitation Shift Leader
Greater Toronto Area, ON
We’re a naan traditional company…
What is the recipe for a great career at FGF?
Working at FGF Brands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Let’s be frank. FGF is not for everybody. Our culture is unique. We dive headfirst into the unknown. If you’re fun-loving, talented and fearless, we’re for you.
What FGF Offers:
- Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
- An inclusive and dynamic culture
- Accelerated career progression
- Commitment to learning and development
- Opportunity to be impactful
- Competitive compensation
Sanitation Shift Supervisor
*$26.50/HR - with eligibility for overtime*
Reporting to the Afternoon Sanitation Site Leader, as the second shift Sanitation Supervisor you will provide hands-on leadership to the Sanitation Team on your respective shift at your own site (1235 Ormont Dr., North York) to ensure all related tasks are performed properly. This includes cleanliness of the plant and external premises, all equipment, machinery and utensils in the production process. You will be responsible to ensure all your Team Leaders and Team member follow FGF’s food safety guidelines while completing their work.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of Team Leaders and Team Member’s skills development within quality housekeeping safety utilization of required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), policy administration of team member relations and coordination of all sanitation activities within multiple production lines.
- Conduct pre-shift huddles and provides feedback for Team Leaders and Team Members
- Leads, coaches, mentors and trains Sanitation Team Leaders on your respective shift
- Confer with multiple production departments to schedule sanitizing and cleaning assignments
- Coordinates all sanitation activities to accomplish sanitation practices according to Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s)
- Maintains daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation records
- Leads sanitation personnel onsite and ensuring daily requirements/procedures are carried out
- Conducts SWAB test as necessary
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others
- Collects regular water samples, check PH levels and maintain accurate records
- Maintains excellent working relationships with internal departments, external customers and suppliers
- Follows GMP’s, Food and Health and Safety Regulations
- Performs all job responsibilities under the strictest guidelines of the BRC food safety standards
- Ensures all chemicals used in the cleaning process are mixed with a proper solution according to the suppliers’ specifications
- Ensures Health & Safety and Food Safety principles are followed and adhered to
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working in a sanitationenvironment (Dry-Cleaning food/bakery experience is desirable)
- Must be a demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading and motivating a team to meet demands established by the schedule
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a sanitation issue
- Scissor Lift license is an asset
- Familiar with internal and external inspections
- Ability to manage difficult people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
- Working knowledge of GMP's, HACCP, BRC & O.H.S.A required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Post-secondary education an asset
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
Drives Execution– You are a risk taker!
Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Glassdoor Follow us on Instagram
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.