Site Superintendent ("Builder")
Construction Site, Ottawa Division
Senior, Site Superintendent
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership.In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
The Builder (Site Superintendent) oversees the timely construction of each home from carpentry to warranty service request signoff. Reporting to the Senior Builder, the Builder is responsible for producing zero defect homes through effective management of trades, inspectors, suppliers and staff. The Builder acts as the primary representative of the company on construction matters to homeowners and maintains an aesthetically appealing, safe worksite and professional and efficient work environment.
- Ensures complete adherence to Mattamy Construction Processes, in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- Accountable for managing the construction of assigned homes from carpentry to 30-day warranty service request signoff.
- Monitors all daily trade functions: timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work.
- Walks all homes on a daily basis to ensure imperfections are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and Homebuyers Options and Extras are complied with. Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and Mattamy Quality Standards and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Conducts a detailed frame check on each unit prior to drywall, in accordance with Mattamy Policy and Procedures, and follows up to ensure the timely completion of any items noted.
- Schedules and conducts homeowner frame walk.
- Responsible for supervising on-site construction staff, including the scheduling of subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers on the job.
- Resolves day-to-day problems on the job site, inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, and resolving construction problems.
- Approves subcontractor invoice for quality and quantity before issuing Completion Slip.
- Assists in ordering all materials required to construct houses.
- Continuously trains and mentors staff.
- Reinforces and educates the importance of schedule adherence (and assists where trade availability is causing difficulty), unwavering focus on Mattamy mission, and safety and quality standards.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with other staff (Site and Head Office) to ensure smooth production operation.
- Schedules and attends all necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required.
- Responsible for managing to the Production Schedule and updating it no less than weekly. Adds comments regarding site changes and improvements as necessary and communicates to Senior Builder.
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws within positions scope of authority.
- Ensures homes are as clean and aesthetically appealing as possible while under construction.
What You Bring
- A minimum of 4 years residential construction management experience in the new home industry.
- Post-secondary education/community college in a related field (e.g. Construction Engineering Technology)
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other health and safety regulations.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work.
- Flexible, with the ability to work at locations across the Ottawa Area.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the tracking and control of costs and budgets.
- Must be detailed and thorough.
- Ability to train and mentor staff through advanced leadership skills with the ability to delegate as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results.
- Skills in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers and a strong customer focus.
- Proficient with MS Office software; knowledge ofBuildPro or other ERP platform an asset.
When you’re part of the Mattamy Homes family, your day to day work has an incredible impact on the lives of our customers. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy way of helping our customers achieve their dreams of home ownership. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.We’re honoured to have received external recognition of our company culture as well. We’ve been awarded:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2017
At Mattamy Homes, we offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.