Skilled Construction Labourer
Backwoods Energy Services
Backwoods Energy Services is 100% Indigenous-owned and provides construction services to the oil, gas, and utility industries in north-western Alberta. We are the one of the largest Indigenous community owned companies in Alberta and focus on building lasting client relationships with a commitment to safety excellence and quality service. Our business consists of five operating divisions: Civil Works and Clearing, Environmental Services, Pipeline and Integrity Maintenance, Matting Supply and Installation and Security Services. Our mission is to drive economic opportunity by empowering Indigenous people and communities.
Taking direction from and reporting to the Shift Lead, this site-based position will be responsible to ensure the achievement of project requirements while assisting the crew on civil earthworks, reclamation, and forestry worksites. This will entail preparing and cleanup of construction sites; handling construction materials; and excavating, backfill and compact subgrade. Versatility, flexibility and a positive attitude are required in this position. The position is project site based and as such, LOA or hotel accomodations meal allowance is provided. It also requires each team member to work well with others in a safe and efficient manner with the understanding of the importance of quality and good communication. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
- Able to operate equipment and machinery such as small hand tools in a safe manner;
- Assist operators and perform a wide range of tasks at construction sites;
- Act as a spotter for trucks and other heavy equipment;
- Shovel equipment tracks;
- Load, unload, identify, and distribute materials and equipment;
- Clean and preparation of construction sites;
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
- Capable of working in a safety-focused team environment;
- Previous experience working in construction is an asset;
- Reliable and have a strong work ethic;
- Physically fit, able to work long hours outdoors;
- Work well individually or as a team;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Able to follow instruction effectively.
training & certifications
- Standard First Aid (required)
- CSTS 2020 (required)
- Ground Disturbance Level II (required)
- Class 5 driverâ€™s license and ability to provide a clean driverâ€™s abstract (an asset)
- H2S Alive (required)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to our website: backwoodsenergy.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Powered by JazzHR