Skilled Laborer (FT)
Canadian Erosion and Containment Ltd
Calgary, AB, CA
30+ days ago
Canadian Erosion and Containment is currently hiring full-time skilled laborers for the upcoming construction season. These positions will be based out of the Calgary with opportunity for travel to sites in Western Canada.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the deployment of geosynthetic materials in the installation of Erosion Control Systems.
- Installation of erosion control measures, GCL Liners, Silt fence, Erosion Matting, Gabion Walls and Mattress, MSE walls, Wrap Slopes, Barb Wire fence, Radon Barriers, Drill seeding, and Hydroseeding.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Must have valid safety tickets: CSTS 09 WHMIS 2015. First aid and H2S Alive would be an asset
- Must have PPE (steel toe boots, reflective vest, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves).
- Must have a cell phone.
- Previous industrial or construction experience.
- Be able and willing to travel to remote locations and be away for extended periods of up to 24 days.
- Availability to work up to 12 hours per day seven days a week.
- Be adaptable to changing schedules.
- Be comfortable working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Be comfortable working around heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds throughout the day.
- Be a safety-focused individual.
- Be able to successfully pass 8-panel pre-employment test as required for site-specific access.
- Rate of Pay: General Labourer position with opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems (daily food allowance) and hotels or camp provided for out-of-town work.
- Accommodations, transportation, and travel time paid while on remote job sites.
- Pay to be negotiated
- Job Type: Full-time, temporary, Permanent