PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Software Developer will perform software engineering tasks including requirements development, design, code, testing, verification and integration of embedded real-time software. The candidate will perform assignments in conjunction with other software and system team members utilizing formal standards processes and documentation.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out full software development life-cycle for safety-critical systems: planning, development, testing, and (if necessary) certification of embedded software.
- Provide input on overall product design and architectural design of embedded software.
- Design and oversee project plans, specifications, and other important documentation required for compliance with industry regulations.
- Prepare for and conduct peer reviews of software design materials, code, test cases and procedures.
- Provide support for production activities.
- Interface directly with customers and third parties.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience in real-time embedded software development life-cycle processes including; full documentation suite, designing re-usable software components, coding, testing/debugging, writing test cases and executing test procedures.
- Proficiency in writing technical documents such as System Specifications, Software Requirements, Test Procedures, and User Manuals.
- Demonstrated C/C++ embedded programming skills.
- Use of standard design tools for software development.
- Proficiency in usage of embedded development tool-chains including compilers, linkers, debuggers and static analysis tools.
- Experience with software configuration management tools.
- Solid appreciation of hardware architecture, designs, and debug cycles, primarily targeting power products.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and prioritize work activities appropriately.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills & ability to multiplex several activities & work assignments.
- Proficiency in English (written and oral).
- Desirable- experience with :
- o Lithium battery technology
- o Battery Management Systems
- o Processors: TI MSP430 family
- o IDE/Tool Suites: IAR Embedded Workbench, GiTLab
- o Embedded OS: Salvo, Linux, WinCE
- o Communication protocols and drivers: J1939, CANOpen, SMBus, USB, SPI, I2C, UART
- o Other languages Eg: Python, JAVA, C# for PC GUI rapid prototyping
- o USB Software development experience
- o Testing Automation experience
- o Code Version Control: SVN, GIT
- o Bug Tracking: Jira
Behavioral competency Requirements
Functional or Technical skills
Timely decision making
Drive for results
Work environment (include physical requirements)
- Office base and manufacturing environment.
- Some travel may be required between Galvion facilities.