Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Position: Regular / Full Time / Weekend Day
Positions Available: 1
Waiward is a respected construction and maintenance service provider that operates one of Canada’s largest fabrication shops based out of Edmonton, Alberta. Our mission is To Be Your Trusted Partner which ensures we act with integrity in all that we do. Through planned growth and development, we have kept our commitment to provide our customers with an unsurpassed level of service. Waiward’s historical and future success is grounded in our collective commitment to our core values.
At Waiward, we believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is the key to unlocking the full potential of our people. It is essential to build a team that represents the communities and clients we are serving. We attract, hire, and develop people of all backgrounds and ensure fairness and inclusion within our hiring processes. We believe in investing in people based on their expertise, capabilities, aspirations, and performance despite their race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
As a leader in our industry, we believe diversity and inclusion strengthen our team and are committed to making sustainable progress in our company and the communities and clients we serve. With the support of our leadership team and peers, our people are encouraged to share their perspectives.
The Spray Painter is responsible for painting steel according to the work order.
- Displays a commitment to Waiward’s incident-free vision, values, and culture.
- Uses overhead crane to lift finished items into the paint area.
- Ensures paint is properly mixed prior to application.
- Paints steel according to the paint sketch and drawings.
- Completes a visual inspection of finished work and reports to the supervisor when the work order is completed.
- Reads, understands and follows all safe work practices and procedures for machinery and equipment.
- Uses the proper tools to meet the specific job requirements.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Attends daily toolbox meetings.
- Follows work schedules.
- Reads, understands and complies with Waiward’s safety policy, safe work practices, procedures and rules.
- Ensures wearing appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Reports personal injuries, no matter how minor, and obtain medical attention as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adequate training in the application of industrial coatings preferred
- Certified Overhead Crane Training preferred
- Respirator Training preferred
- Basic Rigging Course an asset
- FLHA Training
The incumbent is required to work in the fabrication shop with moderate noise and numerous hazardous fumes.
The incumbent is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing paint specifications for extended periods of time; and extensive reading. The incumbent is also required to stand and sit for extended periods of time and will require good physical attributes for walking on uneven ground, climbing, confined space entry, limited lifting, and sitting.
*Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Waiward is an equal opportunity employer.