Structural Engineer - Sr. Level (Waterfront/Port/Marine)
Moffatt & Nichol
Moffatt & Nichol's Vancouver office is actively searching for a Senior Structural Engineer to perform design and analysis of a wide range of waterfront related projects involving seismic and soil-structure interaction analysis for large marine, upland, and materials handling structures. These structures include wharfs, trestles, sheet pile walls, boardwalks, dolphins, loading platforms, transfer towers, drive towers, and conveyor trusses. The ideal candidate has 10+ years' experience working from conceptual layout thru the design process.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities and experience will include leading, managing, and performing on waterfront projects relating to:
- Structural analysis, design, and detailing for concrete, steel, timber, etc.
- Inspection and rehabilitation of waterfront structures
- Urban waterfront projects
- Construction support
- Bathymetric survey interpretation
- Dredging prism design and knowledge of typical local dredge conditions and materials
- Knowledge of shoreline protection materials, breakwaters design
- Knowledge of remedial options analysis, including remedial action plans and risk management plans
- Design for treatment of contaminated sediments, such as capping design, confined disposal, in situ treatment, and residuals management
- Design of intertidal habitat, marshes, lagoons, and green shoreline design
- Awareness of project budgets, contracting strategies, scheduling Tender document preparation and tender support and evaluation
- Ability to complete MTO's, capital cost estimates, and engineering cost estimates
- Construction contractor submittal review for non-contaminated and contaminated dredging projects
- Construction contract assistance and administration (communications, field monitoring, quantity tracking, daily reporting)
- Evaluation of post-construction sampling data and development of remedial options (dredging can cap redesign, risk assessment)
- Post-construction closure
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required. Master’s Degree in Civil, Structural or similar Engineering, preferred
- P.Eng registration required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in design and project management with a waterfront consulting firm or port/marine related client required
- Academy of Coastal, Ocean, Port & Navigation Engineers (ACOPNE) certification in Port Engineering preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a team approach
- All new hires will be required to complete and pass a background check in compliance with NIST 800-171
This position works primarily in an office setting. Some client and field visits are required.
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 40+ offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol’s EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.