Supply Chain Director - Royal Canin Canada
Design and deploy an efficient End to End Supply Chain Strategy to support RC Canada (a division of Mars Global Petcare) market growth, high level of quality of products and services at lean costs with an engaged team.
Ensure through expert advice, audits and follow-up on PDCA projects, alignment and deployment of the logistic strategy for all regions in Canada.
Improve Service Quality; deploy Lean Supply Chain (costs, DC inventories, overheads) ; provide support and expertise to existing DC's.
What are we looking for?
- Senior Supply Chain roles with previous experience in each area of the function (logistics, inventory planning, data & systems, customer care and purchasing)
- In depth understanding of manufacturing conversion processes and direct manufacturing experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of all functional areas of supply chain
- Ability to build strong external and internal customer relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and execute broad business strategies and objectives.
- Logistic / Transportation
- Distributor Management
- Lean Management
- Distribution Centre Expertise
- Project Management
- S&OP process Leadership
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Advise local teams on all logistic aspects (Transport, Warehousing, Deliveries); Total Inventory; Total Service
- Support Outbound Transport to DC's/Distributors
- Support Pillar Heads with managing a network of Independent Distributors
- Measure progress: define agreed distribution standards, set up distribution KPI, analyse and report with corrective action plans
- Support the General Manager and Pillar Heads with distribution solutions
- Manages a line of logistic costs
- Manage DC Managers with logistic expertise
- S&OP process owner
- Adhere to applicable Quality and Food Safety Policies and Quality Management System requirements to ensure compliance to MARS standards.
- Demonstrate a quality culture in actions, words and spirit
- CPFR Customer Care (Collaborative Planning Forecasting replenishment, OMW, Supply Replenishment Planning)
- Other duties as assigned
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Royal Canin & Eukanuba
- Opportunity to make the world a better place for Pets.
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately held organizations (Mars Inc.)
- An industry competitive compensation plan
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information, please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.