Supply Finance Manager - Royal Canin
The Plant Controller serves as a trusted leader in the Royal Canin finance organization and provides financial support and leadership as the business partner (co-pilot) for both the dry pet food factory in Guelph, ON and for the Royal Canin Canada Supply Chain. This role is responsible for the financial performance of the factory and local supply chain, leading the financial governance and reporting as well as the period close processes, and providing transparency on operational efficiency and effectiveness via thorough analysis and actionable insights. As a key member of both the Plant Management and Supply Chain teams, the critical success factor for this role will be defined by the Factory and Supply Chain team's ability to deliver operational excellence in the areas of cost and inventory management (including Do It Best activities), proper governance and controls, and delivery of financial shape while building financial acumen within the Supply functions.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Acquired or actively pursuing post-graduate professional degree (CPA, CMA, MBA, etc.)
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in a manufacturing and/or supply chain environment (cost accounting, inventory, capital), preferably within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Demonstrated ability to work well with management and associates at all levels
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (data lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Manages all related financial information for the Factory and local Supply Chain, including ownership and accountability for reporting to local, regional, and global partners
- Ensures compliance of internal controls and develops strong financial and governance acumen across the Canadian Supply landscape via internal process review, continuous improvement and change management through necessary functional training
- Leads processes such as the annual operating plan, periodic forecasting, and strategic planning for production and supply activities
- Actively partners with the respective stakeholders to drive operational performance and meet financial shape commitments
- Actively partners with project management teams to drive capital forecasting and meet capital budget commitments
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Royal Canin & Eukanuba
- Opportunity to make the world a better place for Pets.
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately held organizations
- An industry competitive compensation plan
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.