Team Lead - Hygiene, Health &Safety
DST Consulting Engineers
Thunder Bay, ON
- Opportunity for growth and corporate advancement.
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, no-limit sick days).
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs (e.g. gym memberships, exercise training).
- Flex time and/or compressed schedule options.
- Policy to encourage telework.
- Manage team resources including scheduling, approving timesheets and time off.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of your team members.
- Identify individual and team goals and evaluate team progress.
- Contribute to the growth of the company through successful team performance.
- Hazardous Materials Surveys and Abatement Programs.
- Asbestos Management Plans.
- Emergency Response.
- Indoor Air Quality Assessment.
- Occupational and Industrial Hygiene Assessment and Compliance Monitoring.
- Health and Safety.
- Noise Monitoring.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness Training.
- Radon Monitoring.
- Professional Experience: The ideal candidate will bring a successful track record of management experience within the consulting engineering environment. The candidate will typically have 8-10 years of applicable experience with a solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements.
- Education: A College Diploma or University degree in Engineering or related science. Possession of a professional designation in good standing is an asset.
- Customer Focus / business Development: Committed to excellence in quality, integrity and customer service. Possesses business development capability, strong client relationship development skills, a passion for business networking.
- Resources and Fiscal Management: Experience planning a project budget and managing team assignments.
- Communication Skills: Is a positive, articulate and motivational individual who relates well to a wide range of individuals.
- Employee Development: By example, creates a mutually respectful, positive and high performing work environment. Ability to build strong team commitment and foster collaboration; builds consensus to maximize team performance. Ability to attract, hire, develop, coach and retain highly qualified staff.
- Able to travel between worksites locally, provincially and nationally to urban and remote areas for variable periods of time as required;
- Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a “Secret Level II” security clearance; and,
- Valid Driver’s License is mandatory.
About DST Consulting Engineers:
Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc. does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada. DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.