Team Lead - Hygiene, Health &Safety
DST Consulting Engineers
Thunder Bay, ON
Thunder Bay, ON
30+ days ago
Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in geo-environmental engineering. We also provide building envelope, quality management, asset integrity, and soil/biomass treatment services. With offices across Canada, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values.
Englobe has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, proof of our commitment to doing more and doing better - for our employees, our clients and our communities. At Englobe we look to hire talented individuals who possess the right combination of skills and experience, and who complement our company culture. We prioritize safety, invest in professional development, and are committed to inclusion and diversity.
What we offer:
- Opportunity for growth and corporate advancement.
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, no-limit sick days).
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs (e.g. gym memberships, exercise training).
- Flex time and/or compressed schedule options.
- Policy to encourage telework.
We are currently seeking a Senior Team Lead as part of our Hygiene, Health and Safety group in our Thunder Bay, Ontario office.
As a Team Lead, you will be expected to:
- Manage team resources including scheduling, approving timesheets and time off.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of your team members.
- Identify individual and team goals and evaluate team progress.
- Contribute to the growth of the company through successful team performance.
You and your team will support clients through providing services that include but are not limited to:
- Hazardous Materials Surveys and Abatement Programs.
- Asbestos Management Plans.
- Emergency Response.
- Indoor Air Quality Assessment.
- Occupational and Industrial Hygiene Assessment and Compliance Monitoring.
- Health and Safety.
- Noise Monitoring.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness Training.
- Radon Monitoring.
You will report to a Director of Operations that is based out of Sudbury, Ontario.
- Professional Experience: The ideal candidate will bring a successful track record of management experience within the consulting engineering environment. The candidate will typically have 8-10 years of applicable experience with a solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements.
- Education: A College Diploma or University degree in Engineering or related science. Possession of a professional designation in good standing is an asset.
- Customer Focus / business Development: Committed to excellence in quality, integrity and customer service. Possesses business development capability, strong client relationship development skills, a passion for business networking.
- Resources and Fiscal Management: Experience planning a project budget and managing team assignments.
- Communication Skills: Is a positive, articulate and motivational individual who relates well to a wide range of individuals.
- Employee Development: By example, creates a mutually respectful, positive and high performing work environment. Ability to build strong team commitment and foster collaboration; builds consensus to maximize team performance. Ability to attract, hire, develop, coach and retain highly qualified staff.
- Able to travel between worksites locally, provincially and nationally to urban and remote areas for variable periods of time as required;
- Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a “Secret Level II” security clearance; and,
- Valid Driver’s License is mandatory.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to us and quote job # 21-003.