Team Lead of Customer Support / Social Media - Remote
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don't expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It's also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a hardworking, inspiring and creative Team Lead to lead our Customer Support - Social Media team. In this role, you'll be leading a team of 3-5 Social Media Advisors to ensure an outstanding customer experience using a variety of social media platforms. In partnership with the Operations Manager and our Tucow's Digital Marketing team you will provide recommendations for the implementation of our social media support strategy to help us grow our digital presence by providing a high level of support to customers across our businesses.
You will contribute to our process optimization by staying on top of current trends, new technologies, and good case practices. The ideal candidate will have an experienced level of understanding of social management tools (such as Sprout), popular social media platforms, such as but not limited to: Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. They will also have a keen eye on emerging trends, is process-oriented, growth-focused, and has a customer-first attitude.
Are you passionate about growing your leadership skills and doing that in the world of social media? If so, keep reading and apply!
What you will be doing:
- Complete 1:1 with each team member focusing on Advisor career development and performance
- Complete payroll and administrative responsibilities for your team
- Define and manage KPIs based on departmental strategy and objectives.
- Highlight areas of opportunity for our social media support team and strategy
- Work with appropriate teams to continuously review service levels to ensure efficient resources' utilization, improved efficiency, and the most cost-effective and efficient service levels for current and future customer needs.
- In collaboration with the Customer Care team, evaluate customer issues and ensure that they are looked after timely, and make recommendations to prevent similar complaints in the future
- Partner with the Marketing department and city managers to coordinate new social media posts and continuous improvements/campaigns to increase customer engagement
- Staying up to date with the latest social media standards, methodologies and technologies
What you bring:
- A passion for technology, the internet and providing outstanding customer experience
- 1-3 years working on a support team with a focus on social media
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience
- Post-secondary education preferably in Communications, Business, Marketing or related field
- Passion for helping others be successful and grow in their careers
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit and other social media standard methodologies
- Good understanding of social media analytics and social listening
- Critical problem solver and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.