Warehouse Associate/Drive - PT
National Tire Distributor (NTD)
Prince George, BC
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
National Tire Distributors is Canada's leading Tire Distribution Company. A key element of our success has always been our people. As part of our team philosophy, we coach, support and help develop all of our employees to become the best they can be! If you're looking for a career that will challenge you, a job that will offer growth, and a progressive employer, then National Tire Distributors Inc. (NTD) is the right place for you!
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for shipping, receiving, order picking and storing all products within the assigned warehouse in a timely and accurate manner. This role is a key component of a dynamic team focused on providing our customers with everything they require to succeed. The position introduces the employee to multiple functions within NTD Operations (warehousing and delivery). Key to success in this role is the ability to adapt to and perform various processes efficiently and safely. This position provides the Warehouse Associate with the knowledge and experience necessary for growth within NTD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a focus on the health and safety of yourself and fellow NTD employees by following all established health and safety protocols and reporting any possible hazards
- Function as a key member of a dynamic team.
- Willingness to learn and to perform multiple functions within NTD operations. Including but not limited to delivery driving, route planning, coordinating work activity and administrative duties.
- Load and unload delivery trucks requiring physical moving and lifting of product weighing as much as 50 pounds while working at height
- Basic computer work involving RF and handheld technology with some application software (Word and Excel)
- Maintain picking and receiving accuracy
- Compile and submit regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over and under-shipments, return of products to vendor, and segregate defective product from normal flow of inventory
- Leveraging our warehouse management system to accurately: receive; put-away; count; pick and ship product
- Assist in verifying all incoming and outgoing product for accuracy in terms of amount, size and type, informing management of inventory and supply shortages as well as assisting in actual periodic inventory counts
- Operate powered industrial trucks (PIT) including forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc. in safe manner and maintain certification as required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Warehousing or manufacturing experience an asset.
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Must be focused on Health and Safety
- Team player able to adhere to NTD core values
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driver abstract.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Willingness to carry out oral and written instructions
- Capable of communicating effectively orally and in writing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and must occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work at height.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!