Warehouse Supervisor in Fort McMurray, Alberta | Careers at North American Construction Group
Fort McMurray, AB
Assists and supports senior management in implementing the Company vision and goals through execution of inventory management and warehouse processes. Organizes and directs the activities of the warehouse environment. Ensures efficient utilization of facilities for receipt, storage and distribution of materials.
Site: Ruth Lake
Shift: 5x2 - 12 hours (paid for 11.5 hours)
- Provide leadership, control and direction to ensure the compliance of corporate inventory management and warehouse policies and procedures.
- Analyze and make recommendations to reduce, optimize and control inventory levels while meeting business requirements.
- Manage and develop transactional processes to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules, government regulations and company policies and procedures. Ensure warehouse is a safe and clean work environment.
- Train and develop warehouse operators in all aspects of the warehousing processes, customer service and day-to-day job duties.
- Develop work performance KPIs and inventory warehouse project milestones.
- Develop and foster a team effort between purchasing, warehouse staff and business units.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of work schedules.
- Oversee receiving and shipping operations, including arranging the shipment/transfer of equipment and necessary supplies to a variety of NACG locations.
- Possess a good understanding of cross-boarder transactions; freight, customs requirements and duties through NACG’s customs broker.
- Develop and maintain a core/supplier credit return policy
- Report monthly on outstanding core status i.e quantity and value of on-site cores and outstanding core credits, by supplier by value outstanding. Lead effective solutions and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and the optimal performance targest are achieved.
- Train, develop and coach warehouse staff.
- Direct, coordinate and prioritize the overall activities to ensure the smooth flow of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Develop warehouse processes and procedures.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day warehouse activities.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings. Attend maintenance planning meetings and other departmental meetings, as required.
- Monitor and maintain the work environment to ensure all health and safety-related regulations are in compliance.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience in a distribution setting or similar environment.
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience preferred.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience relating to inventory management.
- Must have Journeyman Parts Ticket or Materials Technicain certification.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with people of all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and sound decision-making abilities.
Rewards of our positions include competitive compensation and benefits packages and excellent career growth prospects. To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!