12 days ago
Profire Energy Inc. is an oilfield-technology company and a leading provider of Combustion Management Systems and associated equipment for the oil and gas industry. With offices locations in Acheson, Alberta; Utah, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma. Profire is a publicly traded company positioned for aggressive future growth.
This full-time position is in Acheson, Alberta at our recently built product development facility. This facility is focused on spurring growth across the company through the development of new technologies, products, and customer strategies.
You will work as a member of the new product development team helping to develop front end and/or backend solutions for a series of new micro-startups within the company. Each project will transition from initial concept to final product following a lean startup methodology, allowing for many different levels of design work and a key influence in the tools, creative direction and brand identity used for the project.
This role will be primarily oriented towards assisting with the development of web applications and supporting the web presence of new products through landing pages and growth hacker marketing strategies. Projects may include the collaborative development of SAAS (software as a service) platforms, customer portals, new virtual sales channels, landing pages for new technology products, integration with remote equipment monitoring and work with artificial intelligence and machine learning projects.
Working with the product development team you will:
▪ Build customer facing front end web applications and landing pages.
▪ Assist with mapping out the user experience and brand coherence across projects.
▪ Integrate data and insights for display from field equipment (stored on server).
▪ Use secure methods for customer data and access.
▪ Work with an AI/ML (artificial intelligence/machine learning) team to help display and make use of new methods of predictive analytics services.
▪ Strategically help test new product ideas in relation to lean startup methodologies by creating product web tests (landing pages) and web-based prototypes.
▪ Use customer feedback to optimize customer facing design and user experience strategy.
Working with the marketing team you will have the option to collaborate on the following items. However, this is not a requirement for this position.
▪ Work with the marketing team to gather insight and data to help the team create and understand key buyer personas and target growth marketing tactics accordingly.
▪ Gather insight data to help the team create and understand key buyer personas and target growth marketing tactics accordingly.
▪ Use customer feedback to optimize testing strategy.
▪ Compile information from campaigns with insight. Communicate this data to the product development team and work with them to iterate or pivot on business ideas.
▪ Assist with preparing media kits for product launches.
▪ Help design and implement marketing strategies aligned with the business roadmap.
▪ Help strategize on brand for new products.
▪ Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of communication strategies and programs.
▪ Assist with the management of online social media presence, marketing campaigns, content gathering and creation.
▪ Be involved with marketing and growth aspects of a large e-commerce and customer portal project including onsite experience, promotions, marketing strategy, tactical planning, tool selection, sales funnel, and acquisition costs.
In this role you will have support from multiple teams across the company and access to necessary resources to accomplish goals.
We are interested in team members that can balance creative design and front-end coding by working in collaboration with our team on visual brand identity and user experience. Depending on your interest there is opportunity to work on with teams on the back-end development of new projects along with growth marketing for product launches.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
▪ Capable and experienced in front end development with front end web applications and landing pages.
▪ Strong skills in front end architecture design and coding in modern languages. We are open to a variety of UI frameworks and languages.
▪ Strong creative design capabilities with the ability to work collaboratively on brand identity and vision.
▪ Self-starter and continuous learner who is open to work through problems to discover new and innovative solutions.
▪ Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
▪ Open to creative solutions, consistent feedback, and constant iteration.
▪ Eager to be involved with entrepreneurial projects, with the potential for substantial growth.
• Have a startup mindset.
• Want to have fun, be creative and work with innovative products across multiple markets including internationally.
• Multimedia content development.
• Experience with user interface design.
• Experience with application front end design.
• Industrial Scada, IT or networking experience.
• Experience with SaaS, ecommerce, or remote monitoring platform development.
• Interest in or willingness to learn growth marketing and brand strategies.
• Degree in computer science, marketing, web design or equivalent, but not required.
• RRSP matching program.
• New product development building with test lab and prototyping workshop.
• Private fitness center and golf simulator.
• Easy going, technically capable and fun team. Lots to learn and share with other members.
• Focused on a good work – life balance.