Wireline Construction Manager
British Columbia, British Columbia
Wireline Construction Managers have overall responsibility for the successful delivery of fiber construction projects. They oversee Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Project Coordinators, who coordinate teams to ensure that work is completed safely, on time, within budget, to a high-quality standard. Wireline Construction Managers are responsible for oversight of business development, budgets, schedules, and overall delivery of projects. They provide leadership to strategically manage risk, monitor project health, and ensure each phase of work is started or completed on time.
- Understanding and experience with aerial/lashing construction methodologies and regulations, pedestals/vaults, and ground installations relating to Fiber, FTTX technologies, GPON, a clear understanding of the future of Fiber connectivity, and Hybrid Coax cable knowledge would be an asset.
- Understanding HDD Drilling to place telecommunications services, locating, and various services associated with fiber optic raceway placement.
- Ability to read and understand construction prints.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Understands utility locates, potholing, and ensures human and network safety.
- Familiar with telecommunications OSP and ISP facilities.
- Monitoring builds progress, overseeing finance, and ensuring project quality.
- Making strategic decisions and providing leadership and direction to project managers.
- Meeting with clients, stakeholders, and project managers to regularly report on project progress.
- Liaising with clients and building strong working relationships and client satisfaction.
- Devising cost-effective plans to enable effective project completion, including project close-out.
- Managing risks to avoid delays or reputational damage.
- Ensuring permits and all construction work packages are secured prior to project execution.
- Expand the customer base.
- Escalate issues to the VP in a timely manner.
- Understand and implement WesTower's Health and Safety guidelines, including, participating in audits, developing crisis management plans, etc.
- Be a safety leader and safety champion for rolling out new safety processes, tools, and setting a great example of a positive safety culture.
- Ensure and promote a safe working environment for all employees.
- Business case analysis / Job verification.
- Coach and mentor project teams, through the utilization of project performance, performance reviews, one on one meetings, and constructive feedback.
- Payroll hours review and cost management.
- Telecommunications Construction Knowledge
- Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Problem Solver
- Time Management
- Focus on Safety
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making
- Sound Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Results Focus
- Accountable and Dependable
- Ethics and Integrity
- Attention to Detail
- Providing Consultation
- Proactive approach to work