Wireline Construction Manager
WesTower Communications is seeking two Wireline Construction Managers in Ontario.
The Wireline Construction Manager has overall responsibility for the successful delivery of wireline design and build projects. They oversee Project Managers, Site Supervisors, and Project Coordinators, who coordinate teams to ensure that work is completed safely, on time, within budget, to a high-quality standard. Wireline Construction Manager is responsible for oversight of business development, budgets, schedules, and overall delivery of projects. Wireline Construction Manager provides leadership to strategically manage risk, monitor project health and ensure each phase of work is started or completed on time.
- Understanding construction methods to place telecommunications services, locating, and various services associated with fiber optic cable placement.
- Conduct or assist in internal audits to determine compliance with procedures, controls, and applicable laws or regulations.
- Payroll hours review and cost management.
- Business case analysis / Job verification.
- Performance Management tracking.
- Job support including customer interaction and public interaction.
- Ability to read and understand construction prints.
- Understands utility locates, potholing, and ensures human and network safety.
- Has intimate knowledge of equipment operation, including, directional drills, drilling locating systems, backhoes, excavators, and trenchers a plus.
- Deeply familiar with telecommunications OSP and ISP facilities.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Monitoring builds progress, overseeing finance, and ensuring project quality.
- Expand the customer base.
- Escalate issues to the Director in a timely manner.
- Making strategic decisions and providing leadership and direction to the project teams.
- Meeting with clients, stakeholders, and project managers to regularly report on project progress.
- Liaising with clients and building strong working relationships and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Develops cost-effective plans to enable effective project completion, including project close-out.
- Managing risks to avoid delays or reputational damage.
- Ensuring permits and all construction work packages are secured prior to project execution.
- Managing project managers and enabling them to supervise and manage their own teams.
- Coach and mentor project teams, through the utilization of project performance, performance reviews, one on one meetings, and constructive feedback.
- Working in an office and on a construction site.
- Understand and implement WesTower's Health and Safety guidelines, including, participating in audits, developing crisis management plans, etc.
- Be a safety leader and safety champion for rolling out new safety processes, tools, and setting a great example of a positive safety culture.
- Ensure and promote a safe working environment for all employees.
- Office and Field setting.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with upper and middle management, employees, subcontractors, and clients.
- Repetitive work.
- Over time, as required.